This is the type of Halloween dessert I love – satisfyingly spooky but quick to put together. Because let’s face it, I make a lot of Halloween-themed meals all month long, and I can’t spend hours and hours on each one!
These Spider’s Eggs Brownies were constructed with an easy shopping list and can be made ahead of time. In this case, I brought these brownies to a potluck. They’re really easy to travel with (don’t forget something to cut them!) but you could always make them in a more permanent pan just as easily.
Here’s the shopping list:
1 box brownie mix (plus ingredients listed on box)
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 tube white cookie icing
1/4 cup sugar pearls
1 package Halloween toy spider rings
1 disposable foil cake pan (optional)
(These items should be readily available in your local grocery/big box/dollar store around Halloween, but if they’re not, try the links posted above.)
As you can see from the photos above, I wanted to fill these brownies full of delicious spider eggs! Mixing in those white chocolate chips really helps to highlight this.
- Make the brownies according to the instructions on the box.
- Mix the white chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour batter into pan of choice and bake according to instructions on the box.
- Allow cooked brownies to cool completely.
- Draw a spider web on top of cooled brownies with cookie icing.
- Before icing dries, sprinkle sugar pearls over the icing so they stick.
- Add in a few spider rings by pressing them into the top.
- Freak out your friends and coworkers!
I’ve found brownies to be a pretty safe bet for satisfying the greatest amount of people at a party. I do have a tried-and-true homemade brownie recipe, but if I’m in a rush, I mix a few chocolate chips into a box mix.
And, if it’s Halloween, I spookify it.
Share some of your brownie creations with me on Facebook!